"among the things you only hoped for"


Today the world is full of sunshine. A new day, new possibilities, I continue to reflect on a quote that has hit me quite hard. Frankly, I needed it.

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” - Epicurus

Despite current setbacks and future worries, my life is filled with so many things that once longed for. A home with my love. A creative pursuit that pays the grocery bills. Freedom. I must remind myself to relish the wonderful things above all else. Life may be temporary, but it is lived in the small moments.

I must go, I have a bus to catch.. have a lovely morning! (And Happy Birthday dear Katie!)



8 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you, Michelle. The bread didn't last the evening. We put in front of us on the couch 'just in case,' and a few minutes later it was all gone.

meli said...

Yes, life is lived in the small moments. It is always good to remember the things for which we are thankful and to realize the things that we have that we used to only hope for. :)

Brittany @ The Aubergine Notebook said...

i love that quote. it's good to keep that perspective. thanks for the reminder!

sugarmouse said...

wonderful quote. thank you for sharing (:

Jean said...

Wonderful quote and thoughts. Love your photo too.

laura said...

i didnt know u had a blog too! i'm such a fan of your photography.. it's amazing!!!!! =)

audrey marie said...

what a beautiful quote!

Anonymous said...

Your quote is amazing and i needed this the most at this point of my life :)

Post a Comment