roasted garlic appie.

Crackers and cheese, dressed up:


My only experience with garlic has been the little groups of 3, in mesh bags, from China. It is all that is typically available from local grocery stores, and it's an ingredient I really cannot do without.

Then today, at our local farm market, I found this beauty. Soft lilac exterior, large and locally grown. The sign advertised sweetness and I just had to toss it in my growing bag.

An hour in the oven at 400 degrees, drizzled in olive oil and wrapped in foil, the head of garlic filled our home with the most wonderful scent and came out soft and caramelized:


A base of whole grain crackers, Swiss salami, cream cheese mixed with fresh, diced chives and parsley. A topping of roasted garlic. Incredibly delicious. Best of all? We both have garlic breath, so no one's complaining :)

2 comments:

Erimentha said...

looks delicious!: )

Kelly said...

This looks so good! I have a little something for you over at my blog!

www.theprettybee.blogspot.com

Post a Comment