ladies night.

Hugs. Many, many hugs that night. I missed them so. Over bubbles we caught up; anticipating Summer in its warm evening glory. A new patio, barbecue and a long-time friend turned chef? Oh, and the crisp karaoke machine box in the hallway. Memories to be made.

But tonight? Dinner. Eggos did the trick. Drenched in maple syrup, organic at that. A revisit of last Summer's glory, recorded on digital. Immortalized with the perfect soundtrack.

Time to get ready ladies. Flowy, lacy, colours and jewels. A quick cab. Downtown. Warm evening air made our at-home overcoats unnecessary. More hugs, squeals, memories to be made. We danced and danced and danced. Old and new favorites, upbeat, strong beats. Covered in glittering lights.

Fast forward. It was late. We were home and nibbley. "Better then grilled cheese" she told me, my dear friend since birth. I was reluctant to believe, naturally, I mean it is the perfect late night snack. Or so I thought. Out of nowhere, pulled from her yet-to-be-grocery-stocked new kitchen shelves, came french bread, butter, garlic, brie. Soon, toasted, roasted and melted into bubbly heaven. I had an inkling. This summer is going to be one to remember.

3 comments:

La Bella Vie said...

Michelle, besides your photography, you have a wonderful gift for writing. You will make a wonderful teacher someday.
Hopefully you've received my email, if not, I'll say thank you again for the sweet postcard. You are very thoughtful.
Terry

LouBoo said...

Hi - I agree - your writing is very evocative. I love the descriptions of a slightly giddy night out with girlfriends...it makes me miss mine! Louise x

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Sigh. I love your writing.

Post a Comment