photography challenge II: the show

The theme for our newest challenge was shadows. By becoming aware of the patterns created, a photographer can manipulate shadows to add depth and a little bit of drama to their photographs. I love utilizing shadows for the bit of mystery it adds, causing the viewer to linger and imagine the objects blocking the light.

Without further ado and placed in order of submission, the entries, enjoy!


by Erin of dropped stitches based in Ohio, USA


by Liesl of fabulousfashions4sensiblestyle based in LA, USA (shadow gallery)

by sarah sue of the brightside studio, based in Colorado, USA

a Polaroid print by Brooke of always time for tea from Pennsylvania, USA

by Sweetpea of La Bella Vie, based in Portland, Oregon

by Rachel of ...It's Simple Love... based in Utah, USA

by Catherine of parismages, based in Paris, France.

by Kitty of Lavender Playground, based in CA, USA.

a film photograph by Zuzana from salad of my life, based in Prague, Czech Republic

by Hiking in Stilettos, based in Georgia, USA.

... and of course their are a few prizes to be given away, as a little thank you for sharing!


This week, I have 3 vintage Wedding photographs to give away. Hand printed, hand coloured and, I thought, a sweet momento of vintage fashion and romance. Perhaps they belong in a powder room or on a dresser?

random.org gave me the numbers 9, 6, and 8. That means that Zuzana, Kitty and Rachel are the lucky winners! Congratulations to them, and everybody, really. You're a group of very talented bloggers ♥

13 comments:

sarah sue said...

everyone's photos are SO amazing!! i love this! :) so happy to be included!! thanks!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

These photos are gorgeous

Liesl said...

What beautiful pictures everyone submitted...I love them!!!

Congratulations to the winners and "Thank You," Michelle for such a lovely contest and post!

Liesl :)

La Bella Vie said...

Michelle,
Thank you for challenging us to look at things in a different light. This was great fun and the photos are amazing from everyone.
Congratulations to the winners!

its simple love said...

Oh I am so excited! Beautiful photography everyone! I love it all.

Rachael

Wild and Precious said...

love all of these! sad i forgot to enter. hope you do it again!

connally said...

loved all the photos! [the blue wall with the circle shadows was my absolute favorite!] ♥

thank you for featuring these lovely photographers.

 Kim said...

I really need to sort myself and actually enter your challenges. I always intend to and never get round to it. I WILL enter the next. These photos are AMAZING, i couldn't live up to these anyway. next time though, next time. x.x

Erin Wallace said...

These are all gorgeous! I'm so excited to be included with such other great photographers! I LOVE the fence photos and that gazelle is just the most beautiful thing ever!

xo - Erin

hiking in stilettos said...

All of these photos are so inspiring! I think we may keep taking shadow pics. :)

Jardino said...

Great shadowy selection - will definitely play along on your next challenge ;-))

Michelle Elisabeth said...

I'd be so happy if you contributed to the next one :)

zuzana said...

yay I'm so happy I won! thank you Michelle for those great challenges, it's so much fun! :)

Post a Comment