market produce.

Local fruit. Two words that evoke memories of Summer like nothing else. With a limited warm season, Vancouver winters are supplied by fruit flash frozen and shipped. As the sun begins to linger, apples, pears and small juicy strawberries grow from west coast soil. Picked when ripe, they rival the richest dessert in pure sweetness.

The market at Granville Island bore signs of "BC grown" and "local" above bright, crisp produce. A complete spectrum of colour. Rich textures, so inviting. For dinner, my bag carried bright dandelion greens, sweet potatoes and fresh goat cheese and pear stuffed pasta. I'll be back, lists in hand, a whole new side to "healthy eating." With such variety and beauty, how could I choose otherwise?





8 comments:

sk said...

What gorgeous photography, and a lovely blog! Glad to have found you :)

Ksenia said...

Today I had strawberries for dessert, and when I saw your photos I felt like repeating :D

Certainly the amount of fresh fruit and veggies is one of the best things of summer :D. I almost could live on green smoothies during those months :)

PS: I really hope that university will be all that things for me. I'm already looking forward to it ^^

La Bella Vie said...

So beautifully real looking, I feel like I could just reach in and grab the ingredients for dinner:)

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Your photography is gorgeous! And I love the blog. xxSAS

Shelley Ann said...

those strawberries look absolutely delicious! and those flowers are beautiful!

photogal88 said...

beautiful shots as always!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

MMmm I love these

bronwyn said...

So lovely! Strawberies from the farmers market are so much better than from the grocery store. What a tasty sounding dinner.

Post a Comment