two wheels.

In a mission for a healthier Summer, exercise had to factor in. Gyms have never done it for me. Biking, running or paddling in an almost windowless space, surrounded by masses of people all grunting and sweating; I just feel like I've done something wrong and am paying the price.

Yesterday, I started nannying at 1 pm. I thought that that morning was as good as a chance as ever to finally get my bike downtown and explore on two wheels. I love biking. I just need changing scenery.


3 hours later I had crossed a bridge, half of downtown, circled Stanley Park and ended up on the north side of downtown Vancouver. 3 hours. I'm not bragging (ok, maybe just a little- but only because I'm lucky if I can go for 20 minutes on a standing bike) I was amazed how constantly motivated I was to go just a little farther, to see what was around that corner or over that hill.


For a little extra motivation, I had picked out a vintage store that I wanted to check out in Gastown at the end of my journey :) I picked up a few gorgeous items (over 60 years old!) to share with participants in the snail's eye view photography challenge (which will close Tuesday).

Have a lovely, inspiring, and adventure-filled weekend ♥

14 comments:

FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Such beautiful pictures, Michelle, and what a lovely blog!

I discovered you through Blair at Wild and Precious and I love it! I hope you have a Wonderful Weekend!

Liesl :)

sarah sue said...

i love bike rides!! it is just so much better to be outside than in a crowded gym! i think it's actually healthier! :)

oh, & i really want to do your photography challenge! glad it's not over yet... i will try to work on something this weekend!! :)

Michelle Elisabeth said...

Liesl, thank you for dropping by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend too :)

sarah sue, sounds great :) your lilacs were so gorgeous, I'm excited to see what you find!

sarah ann said...

Yes! I love bike rides. The wind in my face, the movement and exploration, the smells of nature all around. Bliss!

Erimentha said...

Dear Michelle,
Your blog has been selected as the top 3 best blogs from the award 'Little Known Lovelies'. 133 blogs entered and I choose your blog because of your fantastic photography, gentle spirit and beautiful layout.

Congratulations, see my blog for more details!
xxx
Erimentha

LouBoo said...

Hi - I came across from Erimentha's blog and I like what I see! Congratulations on winning the 'Little Known Lovelies', I suspect you won't be 'little known' for long as something about your photography just draws people in, for sure. Have a lovely day. LB x

Sandy a la Mode said...

congrats on winning the little known lovelies!! you really have some beautiful photos on your blog!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Congratulations Michelle Elisabeth!! I didn't realize it was yours that was a winner until I clicked from Eri's blog. I am proud to have already been a follower of your now "well known lovely"!

Yay!

thenextarrow said...

glorious photos. enjoy your weekend :)

xo Alison

Michelle Elisabeth said...

Thank you so much :)

Artpixie said...

you have some really beautiful images on your blog.

Juultje said...

Pass by the Netherlands, a perfect country for biking!! For us its a normal way of life, every one has one here. There are biking paths, maps etc..

Dottie said...

Great story! I rode a bike around Vancouver's sea wall while on vacation last year, a really beautiful place. Keep up the bike riding :)

Bridget said...

beautiful pictures!

Post a Comment