grilled eggplant with herbs and goat cheese.

I made a little resolution to limit my sweet tooth, but the question is, do birthdays count? Not mine, but those of friends. Two in one weekend to be exact. Cakes, candies and sugary drinks. What is a birthday without them? And I was just being a good (and very very happy) guest. Right? :)

Needless to say, I felt a little obliged to make up for it on Monday. I had a plump eggplant sitting in my fridge, and this seemed to do the trick. Enjoy!

Grilled eggplant with fresh herbs and goat cheese.
Feel free to modify the given amounts to fit your tastes.

1. Slice a large eggplant width wise. If needed, quarter those pieces.
2. In a perfect world, throw the slices on the barbecue to grill, but a medium-hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil works just fine.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side and cook until light brown.
4. Place the slices side-by-side to cover the serving plate and sprinkle with goat cheese (feta can be substituted), 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil and 1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves.
5. In a small dish mix 1 part balsamic vinegar, 1 part olive oil (I used 1 tbsp.) with salt and pepper. Drizzle over eggplant.
6. Serve immediately.

ps. For new readers (welcome!) there's a little giveaway going on. The winner will be drawn this Friday. Good luck!

9 comments:

Audrey Marie said...

o yum! anything with goat cheese is a favorite of mine :)

sarah sue said...

wow!! that looks amazing!!! yumm!!

robyn michelle-lee said...

yummy, michelle - we'll have to cook amazing lunches in the summer when we have our photo dates! do you use european basil or asian basil?

zuzana said...

omg it looks sooo good. your photos made me hungry! :) it just looks too delicious...

Brittany said...

that's looks fantastic. i love eggplant ( aubergine :P ) and goat cheese! winning combination!

Michelle Elisabeth said...

thanks ladies, and I agree, a little bit of cheese works wonders.

Robyn, good question! There's a little bush in my backyard, I'm not sure which it is. And yes! Maybe picnic style?

Juultje said...

looking good..healty but tasty meal

ren said...

Yum! That looks amazing!!! Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog :-) I love yours as well! You're very talented!!!

hbobier @ Basil Vodka said...

I'm positively jealous of your photography skills. I just stumbled over here from She's a Fit Chick. Your pictures belong in magazines.

Post a Comment