Chai tea latte

The intricacy of East Indian finery is stunning, and when a friend of mine invited me to her upcoming Wedding, I could not resist getting a few items of my own! A tummy full of pakoras, I couldn't stop looking over the beautiful pieces that we had just picked out as I headed home.

The neckline accenting the earrings: (yes, this was taken on the bus)


Matching bangles were a necessity:


And the fabric for my head covering:



Chai Tea Latte
Whole cloves can be purchased in the ethnic food section of most supermarkets. A spice typically used in East Indian curries, it is also found in desserts like gingerbread.

Serves two

1. In a small saucepan, pour 1 and a 1/2 cups of water. Throw in a chai tea bag, a tablespoon of whole cloves, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
2. Bring to boiling.
3. Add a 1 and a 1/2 cups of milk, and allow the mixture to foam up.
4. Pour the latte through a small strainer into 2 mugs.

2 comments:

robyn michelle-lee said...

love the colour you chose! i absolutely adore indian fabrics... you will look amazing! perhaps i'll borrow the outfit one day just for fun! (and some amazing photos!)

Michelle Elisabeth said...

Of course, I'd love to share :)

The selection was incredible, and after seeing many Olympic figure skating outfits with strong East Indian influences, I'm thinking of rocking the top with skinny jeans this summer!

Post a Comment